Crete Off – 20L Drum
$260.00 inc GST
IMPACTA Crete-Off is a nontoxic, biodegradable ,environmentally green liquid designed to dissolve the Portland cement component in concrete, mortar, thin set, grout, and other Portland cement products.
IT CONTAINS NO ACID. Crete-Off will not harm painted surfaces, tools, metal surfaces, plastic surfaces, or any type of plants or vegetation. It is easily neutralized and diluted with water. It is fast-acting but not instantaneous, so correct application of the liquid to the material is the key to success. It is a labour-saving product designed to be operator safe and to eliminate hammering, scraping and acid-washing to tools, equipment, and building surfaces.
Crete Off Concrete Dissolver FAQ.
Who Uses Crete Off Concrete Dissolver?
Crete Off Concrete Dissolver has proven to be the best solution to remove concrete from any surface that concrete is not intended to be on. The ready mix industry, building industry, hire industry, repair industry, masons, decorative concrete specialists, swimming pool contractors, landscape gardeners, plumbing industry and even panel beaters are all industries that have used Crete Off to remove concrete from surfaces it‰Ûªs not supposed to be on.
Does Crete Off Concrete Dissolver Contain Acid?
Crete Off Concrete Dissolver is acidic the way a lemon or an orange is, but it does not contain any acid. There is no muriatic or sulphuric acid in Crete Off Concrete Dissolver.
How fast does Crete Off Concrete Dissolver work?
Crete Off Concrete Dissolver normally works in 10 to 15 minutes depending on the application. The amount of soak time will really depend in the thickness of the material trying to be removed. The minimum should be about 10 minutes but thicker materials may take 30 or more and repeated applications. It is important to keep the material wet with the Crete Off Concrete Dissolver and not let it dry.
Do I wet with water the items to be cleaned or etched?
DO NOT wet material before applying Crete Off Concrete Dissolver ever. You must apply it to the material when it is dry. Any water on the material will neutralize the effects of the concrete dissolver and it will not work.
Is Crete Off Concrete Dissolver classified a hazardous material?
Crete Off Clean Concrete Dissolver is not classified as a hazardous material. It is 100% biodegradable and can be shipped without any hazmat markings.
Crete Off CONCRETE DISSOLVER is available in:
- 750ml Spray Bottles
- 5 ltr containers
- 20 ltr drums
- Can also be purchased in 208 ltr drums on request.
Tool and Equipment Cleaning
There are some simple guidelines to follow when using Crete Off Concrete Dissolver to clean any unwanted concrete off a surface.
- It is neutralized by water, so do not wet tools or equipment first.
- If you are cleaning equipment on concrete, cover or wet it down first.
- Always allow 10 to 15 minutes of continual soaking by the product.
- After a good soaking with Crete Off use a stiff nylon brush and water.
- The thickness of material will dictate if a second treatment is required.
- A sprayer with a wand is a very effective applicator.
- Some tools can be soaked in trays for 30 minutes or so.
- After using the stiff brush, wash off with a hose or a pressure washer.
Though Crete Off is a nontoxic, biodegradable product and will not harm your skin, we always recommend that you wear protective gloves and eye protection. Fumes are minimal and not harmful so a respirator is not required. We do however urge anyone with respiratory issues to wear one.
Crete Off Concrete Dissolver is an excellent pre-treatment to etch concrete for increased bonding capabilities. Below are some guidelines to follow.
- Do not wet floor first
- Apply with a wand sprayer evenly
- Test a small area first to establish how much soak time is needed.
- Soak time can be from 5 to 15 minutes depending on concrete age
- When the time needed is determined, apply to rest of area with a sprayer.
- When the etching time is up rinse with water to neutralize.
- You may need to mop area to clean up all residue
- Let area dry to the state needed by material being used.
- Ensure the surface has been etched enough for the applied coating to adhere to it.