$17.00 inc GST
Hydrochloric Acid (HCL) is a solution of hydrogen chloride in water that is used as a pool pH adjuster and surface preparation treatment.
- Etching concrete floors prior to painting.
- pH adjuster for pool water.
- Brick cleaning.
- Metal cleaning.
- Chemical manufacturing.
- Colourless liquid with a very sharp biting odour (do not inhale).
- Widely used in mining building and pool industries.
For Brick Cleaning & Etching
1. Remove lumps of cement with a scraper. Wet bricks thoroughly with water to prevent acid soaking into the bricks – failing to do so could result in bricks turning yellow/ green.
2. Mix 1 part of Diggers Hydrochloric Acid with up to 10 parts water.
3. Apply acid solution with a broad brush and then rinse off with water once chemical reaction (frothing) has ended.
As a pH Adjuster for Pool Water
1. Add 100ml of Diggers Hydrochloric Acid per 40 000 litres of pool water to lower pH by 0.1 point (i.e. 7.9 to 7.8).
2. Run pool pump for at least 1 hour after adding the acid.
NOTE: Never mix Hydrochloric Acid with Sodium Hypochlorite (Chlorine).
Wear suitable protective clothing gloves and eye / face protection when using this product.
Always add acid to water (NEVER ADD WATER TO ACID).